Refrigerators are the best solution for food spoilage and cooling problems for a very long time. There were times when people used to call a technician straight away but that era is gone.
We bring you the troubleshooting technique to diagnose the issues and opt for the best solution. So let’s get started with the process.
The simple things first:
A warm and non-operating refrigerator does not always mean that there is a major fault. You will need to perform the following steps to check the minor issues:
- First of all, check if the power button is turned on and the power cable is not damaged.
- Next, you need to make sure that the temperature is set to the optimal levels to produce ice.
Check if there is dirt deposited on the condenser coil. A thick layer of dirt insulates the coil and stops the dissipation of heat into the surroundings.
Wash the dirt off with the help of a brush and a vacuum cleaner.
This issue will get resolved easily.
The cooling system:
If the minor issues are solved and still your refrigerator functions inefficiently then there are high chances that the cooling system might have faults.
The following problems are common in the compressor and other related parts:
- Check the thermostat to see if the nob turns fluently or not. You can also check the continuity to see if the current is passing through it or not. If the thermostat is problematic then the compressor will never receive the right temperature reading to assess whether to cool the chamber or not.
- Pick up your multimeter and check the current passing through the capacitor. The capacitor initiates the cool process by sending signals to the compressor. We would recommend you change the capacitor when the fault arises.
- The temperature control board is a less common happening in the faulty cooling system. This board sends electric signals to the compressor (instructing it to adjust cooling accordingly). If this board is not responding then you need to consider replacing it.
- Check the start relay to make sure that it is working properly. Check if the current is passing through it.
- In the case of an open circuit, try the bypass technique. This technique is common and you will find several videos that will help you bypass the relay.
- The bypass is a difficult task to perform. You should read all the instructions properly as the relay works like the heart of the compressor.
Note: call a technician immediately as this fix is temporary.
When you find out that all the parts are functioning fine but still there is inconsistency in the cooling then there surely is something wrong with the compressor.
Once you turn on the refrigerator, carefully listen to a clicking sound coming from the fridge. If you do not hear the sound then the compressor is not working properly. In this case, you need to call a technician, let him diagnose the main problem, and find the best possible solution.
Hope you will find the solution of Kenmore elite refrigerator not cooling, feel free to write to us. Here check out Some Best aftermarket refrigerator water filter.
Find out if Whirlpool refrigerator not cooling or freezing.