Ge refrigerator water dispenser not working. GE appliances are high-quality and convenient for users. You will receive a dispenser installed inside your refrigerator to make your life easy and efficient. The product, no matter how advanced, might cause troubles over the period of its operation so you need to solve these problems on your own.
Ge refrigerator water dispenser not working
In this article, we have brought the steps to perform when your GE water dispenser stops working.
The dispenser is turned on:
First of all, make sure that the dispenser is powered on. Once this is confirmed, select the water mode and turn off the lock mode by pressing and holding it. Also, press and hold the cradle to remove any air-filled inside the unit. See if the water is running through the system and flowing properly.
Check the filter:
If the above-mentioned method does not resolve the issue then check the filter to see if it is clogged or not fitted properly. Perform these steps:
- Rotate and remove the filter and put a filter bypass plug inside the cavity.
- Run the water through the system and see if you receive fluent water supply.
- If the water starts flowing then the filters are clogged. In the case of no water flow, move to the next step.
- Also, keep this in mind that the water filter should be replaced every 6 months. An old filter has dirt accumulated on its ends which restricts the flow of water in the unit.
- The filters usually have some fitting issues. Check the filter installation procedure to fit it correctly. There is a specific installation method for each type of filter.
Here check out Some Best aftermarket refrigerator water filter.
Check the water supply
You need to see if the water supply is turned on or not. Open all the valves and see the pipes for any sort of blockage or twists. Remove any kind of kinks and see if it makes any difference.
The water tank
The water tank can be broken or there may be frozen water inside of it. In any of the two cases, perform these solutions:
- When the tank is damaged, call a technician to end your misery.
- In the case of a frozen tank, manually unfreeze the unit by turning it off. This can be avoided by setting the temperature to a warmer level.
The LED control panel on the face of your unit might be faulty if they neither blink nor show any spark. We can resolve this issue by doing the following troubleshooting steps:
- First off, unplug your unit to cut off the power supply to the control panel. Replug it after a few minutes to make it functional again.
- If the controls are still unresponsive then you should check the connector plug. This plug might be present in the grill base or inside the door hinge. Locate the connector accordingly and check the fittings. Both the wires must be plugged in tightly to ensure a distortion-free electric supply.
- After performing these steps, if the panel is still dead then you should consider changing the circuit. This replacement will require a technician.
Hope you will find the solution of your Ge refrigerator water dispenser not working. For more feel free to write us. Check out if your Whirlpool refrigerator not cooling or freezing.